Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cowboys Home Opener In New Stadium (Photo Essay)

I should have bought an SRO ticket for 29 bucks. It sounded like a rip off but the atmosphere was electric around the stadium. "Cops and car and topless bars" as Morrison put it. All sorts of nice leg walking around too. Shame I didn't buy a ticket but then it may have been hard to get anyway.

So I tried to get as close as I could get without a ticket. I drove down to the stadium at half time and if I found out I'd have to fork over money for parking I was going to whip a U. Instead, I got closer than I ever dreamed and probably closer then 90% of the fans. All for free.

The area I found was full of limos, many of them coming and going, opening up spots along the curb. There was over 105,000 people attending the game. If I could find a spot on this night I could find it any night. I just might come back! (with a chair)

Bit blurry driving up through the emergency lane



View of the stadium where I parked



Getting ready to cross the street to stadium property



Got right up on it! This was the checkout line for the Pro Shop



Headed to the east end. The ends of the stadium were open at both ends.
The area was gated off and crowds of people were watching from outside the stadium.



Closer look at the east end



Video boards where the games can be watched



Walking around to the west end



Passed the main entrance. Debated running the gauntlet



View from the west end



Some of my fellow freeloaders



These were left on pillars
all through the parking lot



Found the NBC shuttle on my way out.
It was sitting there running the whole time I was there.



Now I'm hearing on the radio the Standing Room Only party passes were oversold and there were a lot of angry drunks in that area. Angry drunks, my kinda people.

No comments: