Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Lost in the Icelands


When lost in the Icelands, Fear is your friend, for you go no place without it. You never truly rest. You may doze a little, you may nod off, but if the flame goes out, all is lost. Life in the Icelands is no life at all.

The wind never stops. The cold blows day and night, forever howling in your ears. The sound alone can drive one mad. So easy to see it happen. Icy fingers grasping onto your heart, trying to squeeze out all your warmth.

Where is everyone? Snowblind, I wander and call out, but there's no reply. Is no one there or do they just not speak because they see I'm blind? I came here to get away, now I can't find my way back.

The shivering wakes me up again...frozen terror laying siege on my soul...oh God, please let me rest...how much longer can it last?...I ask God to make the howling wind stop...but I get no reply there either...

No comments: