Friday, July 17, 2009

Radioactive Man


With no direction known...how to find a home

Walking...staggering...dying...

I envy the desert bush...it belongs here

Endless countless dry dunes leave me to drown in sandy grains

When adrift on water, land is life...when adrift on land, water is life

My bones morph to lead, my feet encased in stone

Must...move...forward...to stop is to die

Moving without rest is to die

I want to die...

But not fry

With two hands I grip to lift my leaden knee of stone, inching it forward

Yet, which way is forward...I move in doubtful guess...boundless sands hide clues from the living


Upon my weary head rests a concrete crown keeping me tediously toppled

In despair's exhaustion, I teeter, falling to brace myself against desert rock...it scorches the hand with my trusting touch

The fool yelps in sharp agony but Nature has made up Her mind on the likes of me,
Radioactive Man

Who comes here expecting life? The laws of Nature cannot be bought

A life resting on lies garners no rest

Radioactive my body be

Thus truth and lies turn opposite

If I wish to be near, my disease you fear

To whom I'm closest, I most hurt

Radioactive Man signals semaphores from afar

My love to you carries a lifetime ban

Knowing what I know, who can know me more?

I once saw ten thousand die under summer's red sun and not a tear was shed

I once saw one die in the cover of night and a village mourned without consolation

The sick cat flees to die alone

Dozing into desert's drowsy death

My will passed round in a slut's desire to live

Immortal sun pushes ever downward

Mortal man pushes ever homeward


-------------------

Huddled souls watch me die
Eating popcorn Japanese;
They blink and the spirit's gone
In the breath of a cat's sneeze.




_________________________________


Some people never come clean

No comments: