Sunday, January 09, 2011

In Perfect Times

Looking down
so easy to see
clearly now...


This perfect park made
with innocent minds
to celebrate innocent times.

They never saw me coming.

Where is the park for despair?
Where is the park for disrepair?

There are none.
I guess we thought
good times last forever.

***

I loved that park in the before times,
When I "belonged" there.

Did I really belong just because I had love?

Because even if I had the love again
I don't feel I'd belong again.

Somewhere a trust has been broken.

You said it was me,
that I must have done wrong
to be on the outs.

That's when I saw your back
in my hour of need.

That's when I lost my innocence:
When I saw there was no place
to be imperfect.

***

What a mistake to take you at your word!

So easy to see now
as my spirit drifts upwards
lost to the sky.

You gather 'round my dead cells
angry that I broke the illusion
of happiness for all.

And I'm left asking,
What of my love?
Was it true it was needed?


That dream of all dreams.

Suddenly I can hear the souls
of those who stand over me.
They too are wondering,
What of my love?
Was it true it was needed?


It's two thousand eleven
and the world is lost.



----------------------------------------


No comments: