Monday, December 09, 2019

How I Vote


Moses was relentless and unyielding in his stance, lording over me as he pointed to the holy mountain. I resisted.

"My turn? What do you mean my turn?"

Moses was relentless and unyielding in his stance as he pointed to the holy mountain.

"I can't go there! God loves you, not me."

Moses was relentless and unyielding in his stance as he pointed to the holy mountain.

"Go up there and do what? I'd just be wasting everyone's time."

Moses was relentless and unyielding in his stance as he pointed to the holy mountain.

"What if God gets pissed off and takes it out on everyone down here. Wouldn't want me to go up there then!"

Moses was relentless and unyielding in his stance as he pointed to the holy mountain.

"This is nuts! Look, I supported you. When everyone else was building that useless golden calf, I still believed in you. Doesn't that count for anything? It was you I voted for."

Moses put his hands on his hips. "Good. Now go up there and vote for yourself."

*****


Dude toasted his dude friend.

"Congratulations on your marriage, dude!"

"Thanks, dude. About damn time, huh?"

"I'll say. So where you headed off to in such a hurry?"

"Trump rally."

"I thought you hated that guy! You said he's a force for evil in this world."

"Yeah, I know."

"You called him a murderer and a rapist and kidnapper stealing babies from their mother's arms."

"Yeah, I know."

"You said anyone who supports him has to be either insane or insanely ignorant."

"Yeah, I know."

"If you know all that then why the hell you going?"

"The wife. See, there's something else I know too."

"What could that possibly be to contradict everything you've already said??"

"I also know what it's like to be alone."

*****


Voting is a basic process that keeps a nation’s governmental system works. It enables the citizens to choose their own government. It also allows the people to choose their representatives in the government. The purpose of every government is to develop and implement various policies for the benefit of its citizens.

It also enables the person with the right to question the government about issues and clarifications. Voting is the way to express the opinion of a citizen in a democratic nation. Voting is crucial to activating the democratic process.

It is the right, benefit and obligation to vote as a citizen of your nation and an individual from your society.

"I is a voter! And I is voting for that guy what gonna burn everything down, rig all these stupid elections, and make himself king! Yessuh, I is!"


No comments: