Monday, August 30, 2010

Do You Want To Know A Secret?


Amélie, Amélie,
Stay away from me;
I have a secret
You must not see.

I put my taps on
My shoes shiny blue;
To win those precious
Smiles from you.

Your smiles were gifts
Like Christmas Day morn;
A flower in heaven
From earthly ground born.

But life uprooted
Has been my demise;
My eyelids lowering
Lest I see with my eyes.

I lie in burnt sand,
Crazed vultures above;
Who cares what I feel
If it's without love?

In the Oasis' water
A reflection of me;
A paradise place
Meant for honesty.



A wandering soul
Hears me cry to the moon;
She laughed as I slobbered
And acted the loon.

"Ignorant wise man
"Who makes life pathetic!"
Then I rejoiced she
Was not sympathetic.

The old desert sun
Turns my skin brittle;
Hearing Oasis life
I die just a little.

Short is my breath
Acting the act;
What happens when
They know this fact?

In cold, deserted night
Demons unleashed free;
Feeding on souls who
Lie helplessly.

From healing Oasis
I'm blessedly banned;
To further prevent
Death from my hand.

My prisoner within
Who poisoned the well;
To keep from reflecting
Waters that tell.

Amélie, Amélie,
Stay away from me;
I have a dark secret:
My secret is me.


______

No comments: