Thursday, August 12, 2010

Anti-Christ Welcomes The Troops!

Someone asked me if I'm a Republican.
I said, "No. I like people."


Know how to tell an anti-Christ from a Christian? Christians don't betray their country. They don't take the name of God in vain and declare war in Her name. Christians don't molest the land, air and water. They also realize people are real but profits are fiction. Anti-Christs worship a false god but like any good saboteur they declare themselves as one of us, one of the good guys. It's up to us to decide the truth - or pay a dear, dear price.

And pay we are. And if you think the final bill has come due we haven't even made a down payment. No one who is for our wars is for America. I know that sounds harsh but no one is unable to know the truth in their heart. Any junkie will tell you his next hit is what's in his best interest. And if you agree with him you are not for him either. But I know what it is to fear the truth. And so we go on with our charades and polite pretense of thanking the drug dealer for enabling our addicted ways.

Socially acceptable lies are the most cruel of all. "He's not addicted to heroin. He's just waiting to start living!" That spares the addict's feelings - if not his life. I'll let you decide which is more important. One lie I constantly hear is that our troops are "heroes". Certainly, it is pleasant to think so. And to say they are not heroes sounds judgemental. But the saving truth is, to call them "heroes" is judgemental as well. Reality is they are both victims and victimizers.

I realize I will take flack for that statement in this life. But that speaks more of you than of me.

So what does it mean to be called "hero"? It means if you don't feel good about your role in the war, you're not one of the good guys. Ultimately, it means we don't want to know you. We don't want to hear any feelings of self-doubt. Most of all, we don't want your confession of sin. We like our wars holy and pure. There's a direct line between the war cheerleaders and rising military suicides and mental illness. Cheering war is a great way to turn your back on our returning veterans. So who's the traitor now, wise guys?

So I was sickened when I saw this article:



A planeload of troops returning from war duty got a special treat this week: A personal welcome home from the former commander-in-chief.

Former President George W. Bush and wife Laura greeted the troops when they disembarked Wednesday at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

The visit was part of an event put on by the Super Bowl host committee's SLANT 45 education and community service initiative. The former president and first lady are honorary committee co-chairs, staying mostly behind the scenes.

The Bushes, however, were hands-on participants on Wednesday, meeting the Collin County Patriots youth football team at the airport to help the Welcome Home a Hero program greet troops.

Diane Ratley, a Flower Mound resident who regularly volunteers to welcome troops, said Bush greeted and had his picture taken with each of the roughly 120-145 troops as they came down the greeting line.

"That was wonderful to watch," Ratley said. "Numerous soldiers stopped and saluted President Bush and he saluted them in return. They were all just thrilled to get to shake his hand."




No one wants to feel his or her life is wasted. We all want a pat on the back, there's already enough pain to go around. But certainly, by our fruits we shall be known and that speaks for itself. But if you are a deceiver and an evildoer and the warmonger who puts teenagers in harm's way what possible fate on earth could be worse than to be rejected by your troops? No, the warmonger needs to feel the love and feel safe in his masquerade. The troops loved Hitler, he was their biggest champion. Gee, I wonder why.

Luckily - and naturally not reported by the Texas' press - I was able to listen in and hear some of the actual conversations that took place.

Sure enough, the first soldier walked in disturbed and filled with the agony of haunting, unspoken memories. But surely the Great War Booster (GWB) would understand his pain.

"Sir, I'm glad to defend my country, I truly am. I'm just not sure we are accomplishing anything. I mean..."

"Don't hurt your head with thoughts! I never do! Hehehe." GWB used his standard, bouncing bobblehead fake laughter of pseudo-deprecation. "But I want you to know you've done a great job and I won't listen to any liberal traitor who says otherwise! What you're doing has been a huge hamburger helper to our great nation!"

"You sound so confident. Thanks! But how can you be so sure?"

"Have you seen Exxon's and Halliburton’s latest quarterlies?? They're making a fortune! You truly are helping maintenance the American way of life! Do you have any plans now that you're back home on the range?"

"Well," he drawled, "if I really did just spend the last year of my life killing people for nothing more than oil and corporate profits I think I'll just go ahead and kill myself to make up for it."

You'll be fine! Get over it or you're not a hero!


Some TV cameras were coming over and the anti-Christ gave a hasty thumbs up to the soldier as he walked away.

The woman in the photo came up next, very excited to meet her accuser. "It's such a thrill to meet you! Thank you for keeping us safe with your great decisions and passion for freedom. Wait till Mom hears about this!"

"I thank you and God thanks you. It was the Big Guy in the Sky who really made the decision. No need to thank me, His humble servant. And of course you know God is perfect and never makes a bad decision!"

"I thank the Lord every day. My Mom does too. We put all our faith in Him. I do hope sometime soon God says we can end these wars."

"Like Rummy said, 'Freedom isn't free'! Good thing we can soak them taxpayers with those cost plus contracts, hehehe. We can spend all we want on the militaristical and nobody can do a thing to stop it. Pretty good deal, huh? Hehehe!"

The woman slowly pulled her hand out of his. "My Momma got her Medicaid cut and now has to go around without a hearing aide like she had for years. Spending all that money ain't no joke. You're a real asshole, you know that?"

"Uh, well, hehe, free bells will be ringing," uttered the platitude challenged money grubber.

What difference does it make to the dead,
the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction
is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?


But the last guy was straight out pissed at the sight of the GWB.

"Fuck off, you lying son-of-a-bitch! I'm on to you and I hope you rot in hell!"

The anti-Christ - try as he might not to - visibly jumped, as if a bullet had gone clean through. "I'm sorry you feel that way, son. Tell me, are you a Christian?"

"Not your kind of Christian!"

"Ah, that explainates it. Maybe one day you will be. I'll pray for you!"

"You know, you may be able to get away with this shit in the here and now, surrounding yourself with people just as corrupt as you are, telling yourself good is evil and vice-versa, making a religion out of money and calling it God in your speeches, thinking you're clever with your lies and being seen like this is good PR for a soul refusing to come clean but in the end, the truth will out. And then, at that time, you'll find out the only true friends you ever had were the ones who told you you were fucking up."

The warmonger raised his hand for the cameras, saying, "Thank you for being my friend! The troops love on me! I knew they would!"

And then he ran away squealing like a girl as his wife chewed out the press for being mean to him.

---------------

Which is scarier? To be shot in a war, or to be shot for not supporting war?


Who says this anymore?

No comments: