Friday, August 14, 2020

The King Of Nothing



 The King of nothing fell down his hill 
 Stumbling words cause great spill; 
 He lost a queen whose name is Jill 
 She wonders why she wonders still. 

 Sleek chariot with rack and pinion 
 Returns his hope (in his opinion); 
 Though a slave to his minion 
 A plea for love hides within him. 

 "Forget about the god I am. 
 "Worship me the fraud I am! 
 "On history's eve, a Twilight Man -  
 "No heaven's hope, this blind man." 

 "I ride on wave of pure desire 
 "Living high in failed empire; 
 "Like my heart, set world afire! 
 "Yet I fear no peon ire." 


 Etched of modern medicine 
 Popping pill for ailing sin; 
 Wilts between life injection 
 Calling death, "true perfection." 

 Filled with raged entitlement 
 Forgetting what his life once meant; 
 Pleasing servants bring fresh mint, 
 He knows his pain is heaven sent.  

 Heart shamed in lowliness 
 Diseased by his loneliness, 
 Doomed with the brokenness 
 Losing of his only "Yes." 

 "What's a king upon his throne 
 "If he must sit lost alone? 
 "When e'vry soul has gone on home 
 "I'm left to rule the cry and moan."
 


No comments: