Thursday, October 31, 2019

Ode To Emily #6007

No God 3

Sitting city street curb
Biding for time to end,
Realizing this world
Leaves no time to mend.

Hurried passers-by
Quivering in their cares,
Swallowed whole by buildings
With the vanishing stairs.

Stranded in daylight cold
The future has passed me by,
Grieving yesterday's today
Wondering of the Why.

-------------------------------

There once was a man from Perth,
Who railed at the shape of the Earth,
"If it were to be flat,
"I could have all of that!"
A curious curse of his birth.

-------------------------------

Blueberry Fountains surround Sanctums of Sweet
Made in mad Mockery of my futile Defeat.

Wrapped in the Wrath of my lost empty Rants:
I turned my Back on Love's sunny Chance.

Numbers Merchants own the dead World sold,
Capital Detestment weighs on them old.

Keeping Faith with her Bread unleaven,
She's surely buying the Tollway to Heaven.

Blaming his Fate on how the Wind blows,
He's pained by the Flower he never let grow.

-persona non grata


No comments: