Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Malice in Wonderland

"Curiouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice

A thought that often crosses my own mind is: "How did I end up here? How did things get so fucked up? It's all so insane!" Then I look on TV and see a President hoping to explain those very same questions. Amazing! He will explain the importance of finding a way to fit a square peg in a round hole. We are to respectfully listen and dutifully mull words of lunacy. As one senator said, it's all Alice in Wonderland.

"Oh, dear! What nonsense I’m talking!"

"We cannot be defeaters in fitting the square peg in the round hole. The only way to lose is to quit! But imaginate if we win! No more reality ever! Whatever we wish to be true, will be true! The good life forever! But if we fail...horror of horrors. Good peoples, I have bet all the possessions of the land upon our endeavorings. If we lose, we lose everything. Thank you for allowing me to have done this."

"Give your evidence," said the King; "and don't be nervous, or I'll have you executed on the spot."

I heard there were those
Who don't like us;
Their most fervent wish
Is to strike us!

So instead of calling
Them brother;
We showed them by shooting
Their mother!

With all enemies dead
We will win;
With no one left to say
It's a sin!

I read it, wrote it
And now I sing:
When you see a war,
It's a good thing!


"How dreadfully savage!" exclaimed Alice.



No more shall I speak of this war. The tides of destiny are set. We wistfully speak of our selfish wants and desires in the world as a tsunami of sorrows heads for our shores. Our "long, national nightmare" continues as we indulge in a self-absorbed mad tea-party politely speaking of how we can put Humpty Dumpty back together again. This wrongful pursuit pulls us from our lives and thus from what's truly important: fixing ourselves.

See you back up the rabbit hole.

No comments: