Sunday, August 20, 2006

Godliness 101


Der Perfessor was in:
Today, class, we will concentrate on cleaning up the sad state of modern music. I was driving the other day with my two young, darling children and I was struck by the extreme negativity and vulgarity of a nearby vehicle. The lyrics blaring out of this vehicle literally said:
"Shout! Shout! Shout! Shout at the devil!" Now I ask you: are these the words we want to expose to our children?

We must instill morality! Drive it into them, pound it into them, instill it any way we can. Our very future depends upon this. So I have come up with three solutions to this particular lyric as an example of what can be done:
  1. Shout out the devil.
  2. Run from the devil.
  3. Shout at the savior.
Any one of these three sends a more positive message to our young ones. The last one is my favorite as it places their minds upon our savior. If we can focus their minds correctly and turn their hearts to God, we can turn this world into the place God intended. Isn't that some good news!

I have come across many, many more examples of vulgarity to be cleaned up. The assignment for today is to take out the vulgarity and take back our kids! From my sanctimonious search I have created what I'm sure is just a fractional list of items to be fixed. I'm sure you'll find the first item amusing as there truly is an album entitled "Highway to Hell". "Highway to Hope" is my suggestion but feel free to come up with your own. I'll be quite excited to see your slogans!

The professor twinged as Timmy the Twit raised his hand. "Yes, Timmy the Twit."

"Are you for real??"

"Quite real, Twit. I can not underestimate to you the value of the messages we send to our children! It's imperative we show them the way."

"Oh - so what kind of message does being a self-righteous hypocrite send them?"


No comments: