Monday, March 15, 2010

Landslide Brings Me Down


I'm getting old now...

In my therapy class was an older woman, seemingly fit and well and she had lived on her own for years and years. For some reason I forget, she could not stay in her house for several months and moved in with her son and his family. But a funny thing happened on her way back home: home wasn't there anymore. She couldn't face life alone again, her appetite for living whetted anew given a taste of family life once more.

God help her.

That is me too. Given my taste of life all the old ways just lead me to the footsteps of a ghost. The old tricks no longer work, the old lies no longer sway - it really is just you and four walls, forever. So my world has come crumbling down. I no longer feel safe under my shameful rock. I hear others walk by laughing and speaking of their lives but I dare not let them know I hide in the dark covered in ugly moss.

Do I fade to black now?

My life is like a punctured tire, all the hope seeping out. I knew it had to end sometime, all the folly and falseness. Even so, you're never ready for it. Look around, leaves are brown, it's a hazy shade of winter. Answerless is a scary place to be. Vultures swoop in to fill the vacuum and you must constantly fight them off - even when you feel futureless and forlorn and see no reason for it.

Previous pathways no longer work


I know now I can't live this way.

I look back at stuff I wrote in the "before times", when still innocent, clinging to a glimmer of hope. I felt great suffering then but now...I hear only echoes of my feelings. There's a reason we structured our society as selfish and ruthless to the point of unspeakable pain and death: that's how we see love. Every man for himself, live or die on your own, you're not my spouse, I can't make time for you. The Shattering Time is here, my broken shards exposed for all to see.

The landslide of love brought me down.

No comments: