Friday, December 25, 2009

First White Christmas In DFW in 80 Years (Photo Essay)

Harry the intrepid photographer was Harry-on-the-spot as snow came down in gusts up to 40 miles an hour. Not a lot had accumulated on the ground as it was still too warm but it was getting colder by the minute and I actually started to slide while standing still in the wind. By the end of the day I was half popsicle and my thin, artistic hands were in dire need of extended warmth.

Although it wasn't open, my first stop was the Japanese Gardens.




Courtyard behind the gate



Snowflakes reflecting the flash


Next I headed downtown.



Crossing the Trinity river. There's huge
developments along its shores.





I found shelter under an eave



To my surprise I came upon this passageway



I found myself in this courtyard. The tables in back
are from the famous
Riscky's Barbeque.


Then I found this inner passageway off the courtyard


All the places inside were closed, including this eatery.
Through the windows in the back you can see the outer street.


Back on the streets I'm
reminded who runs this country


Wells Fargo Tower. It has
a twin tower a block away
.


Angel from Bass Performance Hall. The Bass brothers
are oil billionaires who basically rebuilt and revitalized
downtown Fort Worth
.


On the way out of downtown I found
these pretty Porsches all in a row.


I went north to the Stockyards


Wind was blowing like hell without protection
of tall buildings like downtown
.


Horseshoes are embedded in the sidewalk



This is me taking a picture of the Stockyard saloon
through the glass. You can see my reflection.
If you'll notice you can see they use saddles for seats at the bar
.



_________________________________

No comments: