Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why America Must Die, Reason #243


"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

------------------------------------------------------
The Purpose of jobs is to humiliate you and destroy the lives of people. They are thieves of the human soul.

"I'm sorry, but I love my job. It is fulfilling and wonderful and I love the sense of purpose it gives me. I'm sorry if things aren't working out for you but you just can't go around shoving your own situation onto other people. Just because things aren't working out for you doesn't give you the right to force your ideas on everybody else. My job feeds my soul and feeds my family. I just don't know how anyone can talk like you do. You just want to destroy everything and for what? Don't be ruining my life because you aren't happy with yours. You can't go around in life thinking only of yourself. Try having a social conscience!"

After the layoff:

"How am I supposed to feed my family? Why do I have to die? What did I do wrong? I loved my job and did it well and it made the world a better place. This is not right!!!"

Glad your job did not humiliate you and destroy your life. Enjoy the dignity of starvation and homelessness. Maybe because you loved your job so much you thought that made you a responsible person and nothing would - or should - happen to you. Obviously, you thought wrong. And now it's time to die - with no recourse.

Why? Because you were silent. You said nothing when others lost their jobs. Your silence condones the killing. When others died you said it was terrible on one hand then said money must decide our lives on the other. Which is it? If money can only be fair and just then its consequences can only be the same. (And if it's not fair and just, why keep it?) You know money worship is a lie but you didn't care as long as you yourself were safe. You took the bribe and called it fine. You pushed your own situation onto others. Just because things are working out for you doesn't give you the right to force your ideas on everybody else. Try having a social conscience!

Who among us calls for change? Or do you say this is the only way even amidst this suffering - and the suffering to come? The silence that saves your job now will be the sword used against you later - and I pity you not. Ours is to question why - and we better do it now before it's too late. You really think you have a choice?

"Whoever tries to keep his life shall lose it,
and whoever loses his life will preserve it."

-Jesus Christ

No comments: