Sunday, April 30, 2023

View From A View

This downtown Dallas office of mine, I don't need. I keep it mainly so I have a place to park for events as the street spots get taken. I also like the facade of an office, as if I have something important to do. The CEO idiots I run into complaining about work-from-home, it's because they fear it makes their work look less valuable - or rather, it reveals their work as less valuable.

Corporate murder is as commonplace as grass on lawns. It's not recognized as such which is why it continues unabated. But I've seen the killing drive in their eyes and the minute these guys feel threatened - especially by their own guilt - the more hard-bent they are to kill. They'll do anything to avoid revelation.

As if our Maker doesn't already know!

If you think I'm exaggerating watch the "Erin Brockovich" film. The company openly murders and mutilates people but we're so brainwashed it's OK for so-called corporations to destroy the world we think nothing of it. But if you saw these fuckers like I do behind closed doors, you'd be terrified.

These people, it's like a cult to them. They think I'm one of them because of the money I inherited (now way over a billion with pandemic price gouging on oil). Talk to them long enough and you find they're angry about something. They speak so passionately about how victimized they are! One thing I've learned, the more an executive speaks about being victimized, the more victimization they are committing.

You'd be angry too with this haircut

Their "victimhood" is derived solely from their self-knowledge and how it should never be revealed. There's no possible good outcome to that. Zero.

I've been reduced to aimless wandering in my life. My personal relationship failures have condemned me to a prison of loneliness. It's a cycle that keeps repeating itself, sometimes from what I do, sometimes from what I don't do.

But I see the cars inching below, their occupants scrambling to survive, and I feel detached from the whole of the world.

Why am I so privileged? Oh, as a monetary commodity I know why. But as a human being, there is no rationale for it.

As I drift further away into the universe, songs I've heard my entire life sound different. I can find no truth to which I can anchor myself. I'm oppressed by the flood of tears I've built up - and that if I were to let a single tear out they would never stop.

That feeling of lacking control spurs our irrational behavior. And when our attempts to control fail - as fail they must - we become even more desperate.

This nightmare world is coming to an end. But not before we make it even more of a nightmare (in the name of saving it!).

But remember this: no matter who, what, when, or where you are, you're known.



No comments: