Friday, April 10, 2020

Dear Viral Virus


Dear Viral Virus,

How do I love thee?

Let me count the pains.


I love you in my bed

Thoughts bleeding in my head,

Where floundering fears are fed.


Cherish early morning panic

My screams in muffled manic,

With cereal not organic.


I walk with frozen breath

In dread of sightless death,

On sand of endless depth.


Is this my judgement day

To pay for wicked ways?

This thought I dare not say!


The dream of living large,

Our greed leading the charge!

On credit overcharge.


Painted in hell's corner

Leaving tracks a lost mourner

In my land a cursed foreigner.


Talking heads are deified,

As I hang here crucified,

Preaching that it's justified.


I cannot tell you which is worse,

I can take my pick of curse:

To lose my health or lose my purse.


Unreality is happening

Made all the more maddening

By a future that is blackening.


Please free me of my brain!

Swirling down death's drain

Lonely pleading vain.


In this my final hour

I cannot help but cower,

Illusion was my power.



No comments: