Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Edge Of Heaven


I saw the Turkish Sea
And it called out my name:
"I see you have returned.
"Are you still the same?"

Was my dread for her to find me,
I walk the world in cover;
My soul avoiding her
Like an ancient forlorn lover.

She knows my secret secrets
And dreams I dare not say;
She knows my sinful sins
And the heart I gave away.

Three thousand years ago
She knew my deepest wound;
How can I explain it now,
On her shores still marooned?

Time and space pass on,
Eyes of the universe;
My wound remains unhealed
Will the sea my name now curse?


The vanities of man
Spill blood upon your rock;
You know the truth of us
And all the love we lock.

If her silence ever breaks
I fear her testament;
Her choppy water blues,
"For this you were not meant."

It's the darkness I still see,
Not Forgiveness' door;
Deep is the woeful sea
Standing bare upon her shore.

Has she given all she can?
No more tears to hold?
When do you reach your fill?
Nothing left but hell's own cold.

I bow down in raining tears,
She says her message is Heaven sent;
"I love as time never left.
"Give yourself the gift to repent."


No comments: