Friday, January 12, 2007

Trampling Texas Corporation (TTC)

I'm not a "cause" person. I'm not out to save the world. The world can save itself. What's stopping it?? I'm telling ya, a million bucks and a Maserati and I will gladly leave you...to yourselves. But that doesn't mean I want to see the world die.

I've seen the
"Enron: Smartest guys in the room" movie. The 80's has been labeled the Greed Decade. Then we stopped talking about greed. Not because it went away but because it went underground, finally rearing its ugly head in Enron. (If you see the "Iraq for sale" film you'll see it's becoming fully institutionalized.) After seeing the massive, irrevocable human toll taken by Enron, you end up saying to yourself, "How can this have been prevented?"

Now such an opportunity has presented itself here in Tejas, home of the tragic Enron. It's called Trans-Texas Corridor, the engineering of the rape of a state. Part of me says, go ahead, rape away. We put these crooks in power, we were expecting what? Justice? Honesty? Integrity? Go ahead and fuck the morons.

But sometimes I just wanna fuck 'em back (OK, I always want to fuck them back).

Mark Cuban is a Texan and was behind the making of the Enron movie. He's also a schmuck. But he's got the name recognition and bucks to prevent the implementation of this travesty. Yes, it will cause him pain because it will cause him to pull away from worshipping his own personal private god. But resetting a broken arm also causes pain. And while I'm certainly no believer in being political I felt compelled to send this note:

Give a shit about something real

You gonna spend the rest of your life screaming about basketball and gloating about humiliating people on some perverted TV show? (I heard you smirking about it on the Ticket). Christ, what a waste. Jed fucking Clampett of the internet. Here's something you can make a difference on:

http://www.fwweekly.com/content.asp?article=4526

http://www.corridorwatch.org/ttc/index.htm

Your name alone would make a difference. Billboards with the truth would be even better. I'm not blind to your corruption either and maybe you are too far gone. So be it. But this is a chance to claim something for your soul. Opportunities like this are rare and golden. It's like preventing Enron before it ever started. Take a chance on stepping into the light.


Chances are it will never see the light of day. But if it does, Marky boy will be branded for life, his decision on this revealing a little something to himself. That's good enough for me.


No comments: