Monday, January 22, 2007

Scenes from the Last Day, Part 2

     The audience in the school auditorium was enraptured by the passion of the Principal’s plea. “Children of today ache for our guidance. They are out of control! We must have discipline!” Thunderous applause and standing ovation followed.
     Vixen was in the audience, joining the others in hearty support. Though childless, she attended at the behest of her new boss - who did have a wife and kids. After a round of heavy intercourse in the parking lot, Vixen was worried of her future if the Boss Man’s wife found out. Boss Man replied he’d comfort Vixen with a soothing lie later on.
     Walking back out to the car in the parking lot, they witnessed a Sick Father and Son.
     “Daddy! Daddy! Why do you have to torture me!?”
     “Because I love you, son. And if I don’t make you sick like me, you’re never going to love me back. Now hold still while I do this!” Sick Father pulled out his syringe of venom and injected the child.
     “No, daddy! Stop! You’re killing me!”
     Sick Father noticed Vixen's and Boss Man's fixated eyes. “Shut up you ungrateful brat! You’re making me look bad!”
     Vixen was disgusted as she took her top off in the car. “What an asshole!”

     After their second session, the sex obsessed pair headed to Fancy Hotel for a final interlude of illicitness. Vixen was bubbly in the back of the limousine. “I’m so thrilled you’re fucking me!”
     “I like it too. Reminds me of when I was fucking the maid. God, what a feeling! Things she could do with that duster! She had stars in her eyes the whole time. Never saw it coming when I fired her.”
     “Wow, you’re really incredibly smart, aren’t you.” Boss Man’s head whipped around. “Yes, I am – but you could not possible know that.”
     “This is too exciting to give up, risking my life like this! Don’t worry about making up a lie for me about not losing my job. I’ll just lie to myself about that for you!”
     “Kinky! I like that!”


     As they entered Fancy Hotel, Vixen was discussing the office. “Oh, and you got to watch out for the other Bob too. He’s a little pervert and runs around naked all the time. Last month he actually jacked off in the coffee pot. Virgin was the only one who liked the taste that day.”
     A glorious sign announced a lecture by the world famous Dr. Doctor in the hotel’s lounge. Boss Man was impressed. “Dr. Doctor! He has a 10,000 IQ! Should be several people there to hear this! What does it say its about?”
     “'The end is near. Kill yourself while you still have time',” read Vixen.
     “Brilliant! He’s exactly right! This world is going right to hell!”
     “You’re not kidding when you can’t even trust the office coffee!”

     The night air was crisp and clear. Dreamy clouds floated passed an approving moon. How many songs had that sky heard and how many screams? Where was man when the sky was formed or when the oceans burst from their womb? What knowledge had he when the dawn was put in place and the earth took shape? How was man to make the frost of winter and the warmth of summer? These questions did ponder the homeless Dollar Bill.

     Vixen and her cohort were scurrying back to the respective homes when she spotted Bill. “Isn’t that Dollar Bill, the greatest executive ever?”
     “Yep, it’s him,” sniffed Boss Man. “More like Moron Bill, though. Stupid bastard got a conscience and look at him now. What a loser. He could have had everything!”
     “Wow, never seen anyone dumb enough to listen to their conscience before. Can we go over there and make fun of him, please?”
     “Sure, I’ll wave this dollar in front of him. Remind him of what he could have had!” And they giggled.
     Boss Man pulled his Luxury car to where Bill was dying. “Bill, dude, have a dollar!”
     Bill’s sad eyes looked upon the dollar but could not grasp it. “World is dying. No man is free with a dollar.”
     “Sure it’s dying, Bill. Dying for you that is! Not for us.”
     But Bill was living with a truth he could not hide. “Money won’t save me. Only love can. I’ve got to get my soul back.”
     Boss Man smirked at his vampy Vixen and smirked back at Bill. “Yeah, that’s gonna happen, Bill. Kiss the dollar or kiss your life goodbye. That’s the way it’s always been. That’s the way it’s always going to be. No reason to change now! Adios, sucker!” laughed Boss Man as his car stormed into the night.
     The watching angel descended to stand beside the shaken Bill, who spoke in a wavering voice. “Maybe they’re right. Maybe I am on a fool’s errand. The world was made for people like them. I’ve got nothing left but my soul.”
     Tears streamed down the face of the angel as she smiled. “Time will come when they wished they had your treasure.”


No comments: