Monday, January 15, 2007

The Nazgul's Cry

Shadow demons
running in the night;
Spreading their lies
of dreadful fright.

Whispering in ears
of Unholy men;
Saying black is white
and good is sin.

Never seen,
never caught;
Laughing at what
our pride has wrought.

Murder, mayhem
is their joy;
Our selfishness
is their toy.

"Do it! Do it!"
hisses the voice;
"I'm telling you
there is no choice!"

Armies marching,
unison toys:
"We parrot you:
we're choiceless boys!"

Smirking demons
watch warriors blind;
Twist and turn
in tortured bind.

Power's puppets
run fool's errands;
Gloat of pyrite
in life that's barren.

"War today and
war tomorrow;
It's man's lot to
know only sorrow."

"There's a reason
we must grieve:
Unholy lies
we must believe."

Illusion wins,
the sky bleeds grey;
God is coming
to have Her say.

2 comments:

Faux Outrage said...

I'll admit, I haven't read this yet. BUT I did find it funny to scroll past some geometry pictures and then to Nicholson's pie hole. I also found this funny: http://buffalobeast.com/113/50_most_loathsome_2006.htm

Harry Homeless said...

Funny, but you know me, I hate the sinner not the sin...oops! that's the other way around of course :)