Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Illusions of War and Peace

Law of our Maker:
Make others become like you.
Futureless asshole.


Every time I see a talking head on TV yapping about Iraq, I just shake my head and laugh. It's all about politics and scheming and debates over whose farts smell the best. Gibberish all - and no one remembers a word of it. Ever wonder why the only phrase to ever resonate out of all this was "stay the course"?

Do you want to "stay the course" in your life? To say "yes" is to validate your life choices. Say "no" and you'll have people looking at you funny. You really want that? I thought not. So everyone's gonna say "stay the course" - both the damned and the blessed - out of fear of his fellow man. Now there's an interesting commentary on our world.

We want to believe in this world of ours. There are those who look for the good in it and those who look for the bad - both are wrong. We only need the truth of it. That will save us. The beauty of truth is that it always gives a way to salvation. Am I "negative" to say the world lives a lie? If we truly are on the wrong course, then I have been positive in my faith that there is another way to live. And if we are on the wrong course and I say otherwise, how vile those words are!
So you want a solution to Iraq? Here it is: honor the truth. Truth is we were wrong to invade, we fucked up and we're the bad guys in this scenario. Seems counterintuitive to admit that as a way to redemption, but can you feel the healing in it? Nothing galls me more than some asshole talking about us "saving face". As if that's where honor lies. And they are willing to let others suffer for the charade.

(Had I lived my other life, I would love to do a video of the current President committing seppuku. I would call it "Saving Face", with images of Iraqi violence flashing through his mind.)

I will finish with a quote from the Haiku Monk:

A man who refuses love will have himself for an enemy. And then he has brought war to the world.

One man's war can become a nation's, and then the world's.

No comments: