Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's a Beautiful Lie

"There are some people, and I'm one of them, that believe [the current President] was placed where he is by the Lord," Tomanio said. "I don't care how he governs, I will support him. I'm a [reptile] through and through."
-actual quote by a woman, sober and not under duress
(all quotes in this posting are real)

------------------------------------------------------------

Everything is beautiful in my world. My home is a modern marvel of convenience; my car sparkles luxuriously in the sun. While others may suffer, I know only comfort. My neighborhood is of the best, a finely manicured dreamscape where children play carefree. The blight of mankind is not to touch me. I am faithful and therefore blessed. But I know there are those who want to destroy my world, my refuge.

My godly blessings are my foundation. My heroes are those who fight to preserve them. In my life I seek only the fruits of my faithfulness. There are those who share my faith and we fight the good fight even though the blind and the misguided cry out against us. The true path is never easy but I shall never leave my world. And for that I say this prayer:

"Oh God,
My soul followeth hard after Thee. But those that seek my soul to destroy it shall go into the lower parts of the earth. They shall fall by the sword. They shall be apportioned for foxes. But the king shall rejoice in God. Everyone that sweareth by him shall glory."

For selfishness is my religion, money my savior and I am my own God.

------------------------------------------------------------

They are the Soulless Scalpels of Society, any job will do. Mindless dogs to be pointed in any direction, servants of the stewards of All That Has Been Deemed Good. To be given orders is to be given meaning, morality lay only in the faithful execution. There is a peacefulness to such men - Bitches With Orders - no need to question or determine wrong from right. That's already decided - by those who give the orders.

As instruments of society, guilt escapes them. If, somehow, their actions are later established to be improper, no blame is held. Who does not want to do his share, to contribute? Virtue lay in obedience - and blind obedience the most virtuous of all. The good soldier, the good man - he does what he is told, he is emasculated. If told to build a bridge, it is gladly done. If told to kill a man, it too is gladly done. There's no evil seen in obeying.

Today, a family is removed from its home for failing the gods of society. Yesterday, peace protestors got shot. Before that, millions taken to death camps, "witches" burned alive in horror, Jesus nailed to a cross. Bitches With Orders come in the night, with eyes unseeing and hearts unknowing, mad dogs set loose; futureless, vicious and rabid.

------------------------------------------------------------

I have been chosen! "I'm driven with a mission from God." "There's a higher Father that I appeal to." I have been sent forth to shape the world according to God's vision. Praise be to me! Long have I struggled to reach this state of self-blessing. Feed me the power to do the Lord's work! "I change constitutions, I put churches in schools." To follow me is to follow God.

"If I tell you black is white and white is black, you're to believe me." Such is the leadership I offer you, come share in the glory! A greed for goodness, a destroyer of evil, an oppression of holiness - our will be done! Not just another God complex. The fever is growing around the globe. Another day, another holy war.

It's such a beautiful feeling, this lie of mine...its cup poisons me with pleasure...please don't say what I do is wrong...can't you see? if you would just agree with me, all my problems would be solved...i am my own star...the planet is dying and I must save it...I bring enlightenment to the world...trust me, this is not all just some selfish gesture.

3 comments:

Faux Outrage said...

Even A-Rod has turned to the Lord for support...

Harry Homeless said...

Let's hope he listens...

Faux Outrage said...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/52503