Saturday, September 23, 2006

A Siren's Call

(Help! I can't get laid!)

The speaker's arms were flailing in Passion, fists clenched in furious Conviction. His Authority was unassailable, No Doubt visible in his words. This is a man who Knows Things, who explored Life and brought forth Answers. Good News was his song and Good Things his bribe:

"Es ist unser Wille, den dieser Staat für eine tausend Jahre ausdauern wird. Wir freuen uns zu wissen, dass die Zukunft unser völlig ist!"

In the crowd sat two women, one nudging the other. "I don't know what he's saying, but I like the way he says it."

"Indeed!" concurred her friend. "No one so passionate could be so wrong. It's exciting to listen to!"

"Have you seen those cartoons that make fun of him? Laughing at him for being such a loser?"

"Yes, I have. Very funny!"

"Oh, my! Look at the time. We better hurry to get in our votes for him."

"Indeed! I don't want to be called irresponsible."


No comments: