Sunday, December 26, 2010

Random Sunday Video: Serenity From The Ashes


I was at the TV section of Walmart on April 19, 1993. There across multiple screens I and a few other gatherers watched in shock as the Branch Davidian compound went up in flames. It had been an amazing standoff but after the four ATF officers got killed I had a hard time imagining a nonviolent ending. To this day I do not believe the government has told the whole truth though I do not care to speculate what that truth may be. I'll let those that know carry it on their heads.

Marker

What I did know was that the compound was bulldozed and all the trace evidence destroyed. I'm sure a plausible reason was given for that, there always is. But to me in my mind, the site remained smoldering for many years and needed to be put to rest for healing. Hasn't been until the last couple of years that I have wanted to visit and each time I have there is one thing I noticed that jumped out at me: peaceful serenity.


It literally took an effort for me to leave on this late Sunday afternoon. The wind was still, the birds tweeted softly and the shadows were friendly. I did not want to leave that oasis in the world! The land I decided needed to rest invited me to rest. I had to share this for everyone to see. I patched together this video for your entertainment and to hopefully let you experience a taste of what I did. I have a feeling I'll be going back on that peaceful road.

EntryRoad

---------------------------------------

No comments: