Sunday, November 22, 2009

Into the Light


It all started as a pinpoint of light.

Through the unseen roof down to the floor of the hazy dark Factory Grind it came; natural, pure and unapologetic. Delicate yet unstoppable, like a whisper of true love.

It made no known sense for it even to be possible - and yet there it was. They told us no life existed outside the Factory - and yet there it was. I dared not believe it myself - and yet there it was.

Wider it grew, like water through a bursting dam, bathing me in light. The dream of dreams! I cried tears of joy, flowers sprouting as the drops hit the concrete floor. I lifted my arms, embracing the universe and its gifts as desperate hands reached out to grab me but dare not step into the light.


I soared upwards and outward into the clean air in an explosion of eternal color. I was free! I danced in timeless skies, handflipping from one cloud to the next, doing it even as I wondered how it could be. And in that time, I witnessed all human history, wondering of its misery.

In perfect rhythm, workers streamed out of the Factory Grind, defying the logic of death. In healing fantasy, trees of life rose through the industrial haste, shooting up in helpless desire. And everyone chorused, "Yes, it's real! Yes, it's real!"

A wildfire of love engulfed the globe, giving in to the light at last. I smiled at their smiles as they asked, "Why did we ever do otherwise?" Hand in hand, the human touch felt no fear for a future together.

And in the doing came the knowing, and in the knowing was no turning back from the reality of love: that only love could be, that only love will be and that love was all there has ever been.



There's a time for love and a time for letting it be

No comments: