Sunday, October 01, 2006

Lord Byron, The Greatness is Gone


Byron Nelson, one of the legends in the sport of golf has passed away. But to focus on just his golf game is to get only part of the story. Memorial after memorial about him speaks of what a great person he was and an ambassador for golf. Byron was not one of those people who was kind and nice to others because he'd gotten all the things he'd wanted but turned foul when things went against him. He had a genuine aura of goodness that made all who came in contact with him feel good also.

Had I not lived here I probably would have never picked up on the vibe of his greatness. I never met the man but I feel his loss. To have a kind word for everyone I meet is also a goal of mine. I truly wish - oh wait a sec, this asshole is bothering me...Is that right, pal? Well, you don't smell so great yourself, motherfucker!...Up yours, too, prick. Fuck I hate people! - anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, I consider Lord Byron a role model for me and hope to one day bring the same sort of good feeling to the world he did.


No comments: