Sunday, January 08, 2023

Urge To Purge

He said certain concessions had to be made
- and could wash it off after he retired.

Even her would-be assassins were astonished.

"Are you sure you mean -"

"Dead! D-E-A-D: dead. Gone. Never existed. Wiped off the face of the Earth."

Her eyes were fixed with a steely fire. No force in the universe could sway her from her course.

"Under no circumstances can that person remain alive. Is that clear? Living with that person is not going to happen! I need relief."

The two men (or more appropriately: dogs) had the currency they most cherished: clear and present orders. And they were on their way.

********************

Humanity has only one battle: that's the battle for self-respect. The two assassins sent after me played me a recording of her emphatic and fanatical orders for my death to hear with my own ears. I too was struck by the desperate mania in her voice, as if it were a kill-or-be-killed situation.

"We changed our minds. We figure there's gotta to be more to life than being a dog - at least we hope so. That picture is pretty hot! That crazy broad deserves to suffer her fate."

With that, they walked away.

Satisfaction comes in many forms, I suppose. Debby had short-shifted her life and wants to take me out for knowing her true dreams - and thus knowing the true failure of her life she's managed to sell so well - up to this point, anyway. Apparently she's starting to lose her faith and the one thing standing between her and salvation is my presence. Kill the narc, so to speak.

That's twice now she's missed her mark. Will there be a third?

********************

                             "I can't believe I got elected!"

At her trial she knew every card she could play. It was the hand of her life and she knew it.

"I don't know what came over me," she testified after the playing of the tape. "It's like I was possessed in a fevered state. It's terrifying to think I could ever talk that way!" Several jurors nodded in sympathy. Everybody has a loose tongue at some point in time. "What I did was beyond awful and I will abide by your judgement. I cannot change the past. I did what I did. I can only say now that it can not and will not happen again. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart."

She had successfully fought to have the picture in question suppressed as evidence as a motive. It was felt it would prejudice the jury too much. According to the court, some cases are bigger than the truth - at least when it's a rich, white bitch.

The prosecutor, however, had other ideas. I was produced as a surprise witness and, sure enough, it had the expected reaction.

"That's him! Right there, coming in the door! Kill him! Shoot him! Before it's too late." When Debby saw she had no takers, she panicked. "You, darkie in uniform, by the power of my white privilege I order you to shoot!"

By the look in his eye, the only person the deputy wanted to shoot was Debby. The irony was my testimony was hearsay only and would have been struck from the record. She confused our legal system with an actual justice system. But in a way Debby was right as she'll face justice in the end from our Maker.

********************

Two thousand years ago, a woman explained her behavior after voting at a public trial. "I don't know what came over me. It's like I was possessed in a fevered state," she casually remarked to a friend. The woman was highly bothered by her vote for crucifixion but didn't want to let on how very tragic the decision seemed for her life. "At least, you know, I voted, anyway, and did my civic duty."

As with any good politician, she hoped others would buy what she was selling. That's how you fix the world, right?

"Yes, you did your duty and you should be proud. I never go to those trials. Just don't feel good about it."

The guilty woman jumped at a chance to impart guilt. "You can't just go by your feelings all the time!"

"Oh, I know. You're probably right."

How the angels must laugh at the folly of selling our lives to One who already knows the truth.



No comments: