Sunday, October 07, 2012

I Stumbled Over The Moon

Moon2

Underneath this grey
And cloudy sky,
My heart has no choice
Here, but to die.

The solo bird forgets
Why he has to eat;
Making him easy prey
For cat with silent feet.

The liar poisons drink,
Serving me as friend;
But your brew was true
Until I mistook the end.

My heart chilled as Autumn's air,
You fell as Autumn's leaf;
Your landing shocked the ground
With everlasting grief.

As you ran into the sun
I stumbled over the moon;
These covering grey clouds know
Our fateless parting was too soon.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makura no Soshi, The Pillow Book.
Lady Sei Shonagon and Tachibana no Norimitsu part ways.

Because our friendship crumbled like Mounts Imo and Se,
You no longer see Yoshino as a stream.


No comments: