Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Case For Beheading British Petroleum's CEO

Don't let the suit fool you, he's not one of us

What I see when I look around me is people not planning to survive. I do not enjoy living with those people, they will bury us all, both the guilty and innocent. For some, their efforts are obvious for their destruction is obvious. For others, it is hidden, for they enable the destruction - the sin of omission. What is needed is a changing of our trust, a shifting of our footsteps. This is a false statement: "The only thing needed for evil to win is for good men to do nothing." If you're doing nothing, you ain't good!

I see beautiful propaganda all the time. "This is what our glorious life will be like in fifty or a hundred years as we continue on this path!" "I saw a little, old lady helped across the street today - therefore we no longer trust greed and war to save us!" "Heroes will fix our planet - do nothing, all will be fine!" I suppose the number of ways to turn a blind eye is infinite - but they're all fatal. In life, only one ally exists that will not betray you: the truth. And the truth is no matter how many beautiful lies we spin, we're on the wrong road.

A good start would be the beheading of the CEO of British Petroleum. Not that he is any more or less evil than any other CEO but like I said, it's a start. And I am serious. I will do the beheading myself if necessary. One can argue he is not directly responsible for the oil spill but if one expects to collect the rewards of a collective responsibility one should also expect to pay its penalties. I know this solution may seem harsh to you, and if so, you are one of those not planning to live, merely posing as one.

Some come healing. Some come raping.

For you see, we cannot live with people like this among us: those who poison the communal well, who have no regard for life. It may sound cruel and evil to saw off the leg of another person - until you learn that leg has gangrene and it’s for the greater good. Do you fucking want to live or not? Those who bring death must be put to death, it was a lesson taught long ago from the clearing of the contaminated Canaanites to those among the Israelites who disobeyed the realities of their survival. It is not a fate chosen for them, it is a fate they bring on themselves. It is societal self-defense.

And with this new embracing of responsibility, others in positions of power will see the wisdom of towing the line. As it is now, we reward those who harm us, perhaps hoping we'll receieve the same reward for our betrayals. But we already know what the truth is: protecting those who harm us will lead to death anyway. From responsibility there is no shortcut, no sidestepping, no escape - ever at all. Speak truly of what you see - for what you know is already known and one day the betrayers of their truth will be revealed. And if you are of them and have not had the favor of your head being chopped off already, then you will chop your own head off in the vain hope of avoiding shame.

There is no escape from what we need to do. Thank God.



"I the Lord do not change. So you, O decendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your forefathers you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you," says the Lord Almighty.

"But you ask, 'How are we to return?'"

"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me."

"But you ask, 'How do we rob you?'"

"In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse - the whole nation of you - because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessings that you will not have room enough for it! I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the Lord Almighty. "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the Lord Almighty.

"You have said harsh things against me," teared the Lord.

"Yet you ask, 'What have we said against you?'"

"You have said, 'It is futile to serve God. What did we gain by carrying out his requirements and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty? But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly, the evildoers prosper, and even those who challenge God escape.'"


--------------

No comments: