Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm Dying Quite Well, Thank You

Here's a note I passed on to the Homeless Guy. It sums up a lot of what I tried to say here:

It always shocks people when I say the homeless serve an extremely valuable purpose to society. They don't want to hear this because of their guilt; because most people who killed Jesus never laid a finger on him. But the homeless are the barometer of a society's soul. No society can achieve perfection and how it treats its less fortunate determines its fate. But a society that has declared itself good and holy – and boy, do we sure do that! – turns its back on those in need, calling them deserving of such harm. Those outside of society are the ones most easily able to see it clearly and their words are to be cherished.

This argument of course is too esoteric for most people (although they have an instinctive fear of the homeless' point of view) so I prefer the simplicity of the Terminator when dealing with my critics: "Fuck you, asshole." (monotone with Belgian accent)


His response was: "Hear! Hear!"


I can no longer sleep at night. My facade is crumbling. Like the combat soldier of WWII, I'm developing the "2,000 yard stare". Such is life in the concentration camp of capitalism. How many vain screams for help were heard at Auschwitz? How many pleas to God unanswered? How many Nazis would have understood if their victims had told them one day they would share the same fate?

I know how it is. We are not going to stop until this planet is unlivable. Then we'll say, "Now I admit we were wrong”. I can not reconcile that. I am calm now but there are times when my hate burns against you. And when your turn comes and the screams of a horrific fate reach my ears, I shall not be moved. It’s just God taking out the trash.


No comments: