Tuesday, July 11, 2017

trig, You Asshole!



I wasn't done hanging out with you, man. I had plans, for that mythical time when times would stabilize in my life and I'd drive up there and we'd visit Tink and drink beer and pass out in the thorn bushes. I loved having that in my back pocket. Instead, you went to robot heaven where everyone is shut down. Damn.

You were never really far away, though. Talking to you after the election for the first time in years we picked up right where we left off from the old days. We were both on the same page about the results and when you said Hillary losing was the best thing to happen for her as a person I realized that was an unformed thought I didn't know I agreed with. We were kindred spirits and, boy, does that hurt to lose that.

Some people take honesty the wrong way but I take someone giving me their honest opinion as a sign of respect. I always found your honesty refreshing and I knew if you did find out you were wrong in the end you'd 'fess up and it'd all be water under the bridge. I always enjoyed the show.

I'm so sorry for your family left behind and your extended family here. I'm typing through tears. They say love never dies so let's not call this a life cut short but one simply interrupted until we can all get together again.



I heard this coming out of my car yesterday afternoon.
It struck for the first time for being a very sad song.
I wondered why I hadn't noticed that before.

Goodbye my friend
Maybe for forever
Goodbye my friend
The stars wait for me
Who knows where we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river (on and on)
To the sea
To the sea

No comments: