Thursday, April 18, 2013

I Have Become Comfortably Left


Hello,
Any lib'rals out there?
Just nod if you can fear me
Is there anyone who'll see?

Come on
Now
I hear you're feeling fault
I can be your savior
Get you on my side again

Detach
Reject some information first
Principles aren't facts
Just need to know how to vote

There is no pain you should be feeling
A certain hope upon the horizon
A new hero riding through the waves
Your lips move
But you can't hear what you're saying

Quitting makes me feel so much safer
See my god with perfect
Squinting eyes
Now I've got that feeling once again
I must explain
You would not understand
How very good I think am



I... Have become comfortably left

Hooray
I'm making the best choice
Reality cheers!
No more impractical justice

I can't stand up
I believe that means I'm winning
Sunk
Digging our hole deeper I know
Bound faith
It's time to go

There is no pain they can be feeling
No real reason for complaining
When you've got your hero in white house
Your eyes close
To know not what you're seeing

Hopeless childlike hopes
I cling to beyond reason
Pretending life while despairing

You must do right before I can
You cannot point your finger back at me
I need never move
The dream is fraud
I... Have become comfortably left


No comments: