Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Marriage Mountain High

Magic Trees4

He said:

The day has come
I most feared;
Her bloom of youth
Disappeared.

I saw my wife's face
first time again today.
For so many years I looked away.
Had it all been lusty ambition?
Must I face my soul's rendition?

No longer with the tight knit curve,
Entry room eyes fail to swerve;
Elastic cheeks lose their luster,
Will chemistry still pass muster?

But winding years cannot disguise
The kind wisdom in her eyes.
Excited, pounding heart is fine,
I shout aloud, "Thank God she's mine!"


Magic Trees

She said:

I walked inside a mountain mist
Fearing the next unknown twist.
Do I make this climb for nought?
The night is cold, the days are hot.

How true the path my heart has chosen?
To face a fate alone and frozen?
I swooned high his infectious song!
Did I just marry to get along?

Mountain path ends, I face sharp cliff.
Penalties here are deadly stiff.
But I step forward into space,
Suspended by a loving grace.

Yes I live my
childhood dream!
True love makes the
World unseen.


Magic Trees2

No comments: