Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Reflections Japanese (w/Haiku!) (Photo Essay)

Reflections17

After seeing a photo of a reflection in the waters of the Fort Worth Japanese Garden I was inspired to try my own hand at a series of watery reflections. I picked a mostly overcast day with the sun only occasionally peeking through to give me the best light. There was an unusual serenity to be found in the garden's lightly ruffles water. I hope I captured some of that feeling.

Reflections26

Reflections11

Reflections62 Like a Rorschach test!

Reflections18

Reflections16

Reflections5

Reflections8

I couldn't resist a few traditional shots.

Reflections38

Reflections44 The inscrutable Great Heron who makes his daily visit.

Reflections32

Gracia I never fail to visit Gracia

With my new long range lens I hoped to get some shots not possible before, trying some different angles and zoom shots.

Reflections55

Reflections42

Reflections43

Reflections64

Reflections75

Reflections76

Reflections81

As the speakers announced the imminent closure for the day I found myself wishing to bed down and surrender to the stillness away from a world gone mad. On a planet of stranded and disconnected souls nature provides her strings and strands inviting us to reconnect once again. It's not our military that can protect us, only reconnecting can do that.

***********************************************************************

Fall leaves lay hidden,
Silent, lost treasures slumber,
Life's ancient secrets.


Reflections70


Click here to view the entire set

No comments: