Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fraud and Facade

-Billy Squire "All Night Long"

It's all pointless, ya know. Somebody always sees through you. You can get a thousand pats on the back, but that one disapproving look from someone who knows shatters it all. We're all so desperate for love and approval. Even a pointless pretense we grab onto.

-John Lennon "Crippled Inside"


Are you a woman who picked the wrong man to marry? If you lie about it, no one will know you screwed up, no one will mock your choices, you will still be known as a virtuous person. Lying seems the smart thing to do! Reality is, you're wasting time not being with the right person. God ain't out to kill ya. It just seems that way.



As you can tell by the ending of my previous post, I got issues. "I was a pig. And the pressures of being a pig were killing me." It took John Lennon ten years to strip the illusion out of his life. It's a lifetime project for me too. I want to come clean. There's no other way to survive.


The Good Book speaks of spirits clean and unclean - and equates that with holiness and unholiness. That's clear to me but of course the liberal fuck has to chime in:

"Listen and understand.
What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean',
but what comes out of his mouth,
that is what makes him 'unclean'"

Matthew 15:10-11

No comments: