Monday, April 10, 2006

Faithfully


Highway run
Into the midnight sun;
Wheels go round and round
You’re on my mind;
Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight;
Sendin’ all my love
Along the wire.

They say that the road
Ain’t no place to start a family;
Right down the line
It’s been you and me;
And lovin’ a music man
Ain’t always what it’s supposed to be;
Oh girl, you stand by me
I’m forever yours...faithfully.

Circus life
Under the big top world;
We all need the clowns
To make us smile;
Through space and time
Always another show;
Wondering where I am
Lost without you.

And being apart ain’t easy
On this love affair;
Two strangers learn to fall
In love again;
I get the joy
Of rediscovering you;
Oh girl, you stand by me
I’m forever yours...faithfully.

Oh, oh, oh-oh
Oh, oh, oh-oh
Oh, oh, oh-oh
Oh, oh, oh-oooh

Faithfully, I’m still yours;
I’m forever yours;
Ever yours...faithfully

Written by Jonathan Cain; Originally performed by Journey

God help anyone who has those feelings...

No comments: