Saturday, January 07, 2006

Beautiful Places, Beautiful Faces

It's the charade I hate, the pretence of being "normal". Oh yes, I have a job, a family, a career, a nice house and a car. Those are things I feel I have to say in all the "normal" places.


I fear the restaurant. Fast food, convenience stores - those places are my friends. But even with a little money and being cleaned up, I fear the restaurant. It's like they have a fraud detector in there. "You're not one of us. What are you doing here?" Big appliance stores give me that same feeling, too.


Nature is my truest friend, a place unthreatened by man. No need for lies. Only the laws of God, not of men. I need people, though. I'm not a loner. I just play one on the streets.


And this, well, hard to believe it even happens on the same planet I'm on.

No comments: